Vacancy: Windows Systems Desktop Engineer
We are not an out staffed company. English. Unbureaucratic, plenty of real coding. Fintech. Interesting.
Real salary. Plenty of perks.
We are a small company created by IT engineers.
De facto micro technology development center for a large and successful top 10 US investment manager. As part of our development, we’d like to establish new teams in Poland.
We are seeking a Windows Systems Desktop Engineer with a strong background in Windows desktop operating systems, peripheral technologies, as well as excellent problem-solving, communication, and project management skills. As an engineer you will play a critical role in ensuring the stability, security, and efficiency of Windows-based desktop systems across the organization.
- Design/Build/Manage/Maintain the Windows 10 user experience on a virtualized platform including Windows based Thin Clients.
- Design/Build/Manage/Maintain peripheral technologies and devices utilized by the Desktop Engineering team, including monitoring tools (Systrack), Thin Clients and laptops.
- Manage end-user technology projects, such as migrations, deployments and introducing new technology solutions
- Maintain awareness of trends analysis to identify and escalate major incidents and problems and escalate quickly
- Provide desktop management automation through scripting to deliver consistent and predictable services
- Ensures systems and workstations are compliant with organizational policies and security standards
- Creation of desktop, laptops and virtual machine baselines for the Windows Desktop Platform
- Tier 3 internal support for escalations where it relates to the Windows workstation platform (software and/or hardware)
- Strong hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows client and server OS’s, preferably in a
- Experience managing system and user configuration across large, distributed environments
- In-depth understanding of Active Directory; including GPO’s and DNS as applied to the Windows client OS
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN
- Experience in Windows Performance Benchmarking and Monitoring Utilities
- Well versed in scripting (PowerShell is a priority)
- Understanding of Digital Workspace Tools including Microsoft Office, O365, Box and conferencing software (Zoom, MS Teams)
- Familiarity of deployment and management tools (Intune, SCCM)
- Understanding of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure architectures and the underlying hardware utilized by VDI
- Ability to write technical and Presentation management documentation (system design and engineering documents)
- Have a troubleshooting mindset (i. e. parsing event log, utilizing System Internals tools)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- A remote working regime.
- A wide and complex role related to the automation of fund portfolio management.
- Close interaction with co-workers in New York / Los Angeles / London.
- An opportunity to contribute to the engineering culture and IT transformation of “one small
- Minimal bureaucracy, maximum common sense.
- A set of perks is provided.