Vacancy: Windows Server Engineer
We are not an out staffed company. English. Unbureaucratic, plenty of real coding. Fintech. Interesting. Real salary. Plenty of perks.
We are a small company created by IT engineers.
De facto micro technology development center for a large and successful top 10 US investment manager. As part of our development, we’d like to establish new teams in Poland.
We are seeking a Windows Server Engineer with a strong background in Windows Server 2012 — 2022 Administration, Active Directory Services, software and hardware troubleshooting.
● Design, implementation, Migration and maintenance of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Group Policy, Clustering, Terminal Services, LDAP and windows scripting/automation
● Assist the partaking in infrastructure projects, Day to Day support of the Windows Server environment
● Provides Level 3 infrastructure support
● Assess project requirements and provides design input
● Executes upgrades, migrations, optimizations, new implementations and identifies and resolves efficiency issues
● Writes scripts, templates, interfaces and utility applications to continuously improve functionality
● Executes design and deploy activities for operating environments
● Manage and troubleshoot of domain controllers, manage and maintain of fileservers, services and users, create and modify of security groups
● Monitor server performance, security related events and resolve their problems, patching and updating.
● Backing up and restoring data,
● Performs Infrastructure Engineering and Administration maintenance tasks and analyzes process for improvement
Qualification — heavily required
● Must have an expert level in Windows Server fundamentals, operating system and its components and design principles, experience tuning, troubleshooting, optimization, and capacity planning
● Expertise with Microsoft Windows system support is required
● Expertise in most of the following –.NET, PowerShell, Windows Servers, Cloud
● Designing, coding, testing, documenting, and maintaining global infrastructure based on engineering team requirements
● Knowledge and implementation experience of CI-CD
● 5+ Years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server OS
● Working Knowledge and experience with Terraform
● Working knowledge and experience with Packer
● Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
● Windows infrastructure
● Active Directory
● Experience working in a highly regulated industry
● PCI and PII requirements
● DNS / DHCP
● Experience in server storage configurations
● Hardware\OS remediation
● Assigning permissions
● Technical certifications MCSA, MCSE, MCP (optional)
What we offer
● A remote working regime.
● A wide and complex role related to the automation of fund portfolio management.
● Close interaction with co-workers in New York / Los Angeles / London.
● An opportunity to contribute to the engineering culture and IT transformation of “one small American company”.
● Minimal bureaucracy, maximum common sense.
● A set of perks is provided.