Vacancy: Windows Performance Engineer
We are not an out staffed company. English. Unbureaucratic, plenty of real coding. Fintech. Interesting.
Real salary. Plenty of perks.
We are a small company created by IT engineers.
De facto micro technology development center for a large and successful top 10 US investment manager. As part of our development, we’d like to establish new teams in Poland.
We are looking for a strong Windows Performance Engineer resides in Poland to join our infrastructure team. We mainly need someone to participate in troubleshooting performance issues on Windows 10 VDI and help us resolve them.
We do expect from a candidate a deep background in the Windows operating systems. Ideally the Windows client OS, although many skills will be transferable from server / desktop and/or workstation. This position is primarily focused on Windows Desktop performance in a VDI / XenApp environment with strong knowledge in Windows OS, Windows performance metrics, application performance diagnostics / troubleshooting and networking.
- Help get the best performance possible in a Windows virtualized environment.
- Grow the overall team understanding of Windows including tools and techniques required to measure and analyze performance.
- Work hand in hand with the Desktop/ Virtualization / Remote Access and SCCM teams to uncover new techniques for accelerating desktop performance and adoption of VDI and server-based applications running in a terminal service / XenApp environment
- Work closely with the teams to identify architectural changes / optimizations vital to get extreme performance from the Microsoft OS.
- Propose changes to memory, storage systems, I/O systems, file systems and operating system scheduling that improve performance.
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes
- Analyze root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions
- Review and recommend improvements to existing test procedures
- Compare and contrast system performance with varying levels of system resources (RAM, CPU cores, disk caches, network and compute nodes)
- Windows Desktop General Engineering and Hardware evaluation
- Creation of desktop, laptops and virtual machine performance baselines for the Windows Desktop Platform
- Strong troubleshooting mindset (i. e. parsing event log, System Internals tools, analyzing memory dumps, Windows Performance Analyzer)
- Hands on experience tuning Windows Desktop and server operating systems for a Virtualized environment
- Experience using a range of data science methodologies to conduct benchmarking and performance analysis.
- Experience tuning and optimizing Virtualized Windows OS for VDI and Server Based computing
- Proven ability to create automated test scripts, test scenarios and analyze results
- Strong understanding of key Performance counters impacting system utilization
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and interaction with the Windows client OS
- Experience in Performance Engineering in large Enterprise Windows Environments
- Experience in Windows Performance Benchmarking and Monitoring Utilities
- Strong scripting knowledge (PowerShell is a priority- additionally Batch, WMI, VBScript, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Windows Operating System Internals and Microsoft based applications and technologies
- Ability to write technical and Presentation management documentation (system design and engineering documents)
- Experience in monitoring tools for Network and Workstations, including but not limited to Perfmon, Windows performance Analyzer / Recorder, SysTrack and WireShark
- Citrix experience would be a bonus
- WSL/2 and Linux experience would be a bonus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- A remote working regime.
- A wide and complex role related to the automation of fund portfolio management.
- Close interaction with co-workers in New York / Los Angeles / London.
- An opportunity to contribute to the engineering culture and IT transformation of “one small American company”.
- Minimal bureaucracy, maximum common sense.
- A set of perks is provided.