Company: Zeal Group
Vacancy: Head of Engineering (Core Platform)
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
About the Company:
Join Zeal Group, the award-winning FinTech Trading Platform and Trading Service provider. Our portfolio of regulated financial institutions and fintech companies is backed by a global team of 700+ professionals with headquarters in the UK and 22 offices worldwide. As a leading online trading provider for FX, commodities, precious metals, and CFD, we facilitate an estimated monthly trading volume of USD 100B by retail investors, traders, and institutions. With our Technology Hub in Cyprus, we offer a dynamic environment for creative minds.
About the Project:
We are currently seeking a Head of Engineering to lead the development and enhancement of our Core Platform, the essential backbone enabling our business systems. In this key role, you will drive continuous improvement for stability, scalability, and security. Collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will align the platform with our business goals and ensure it meets evolving needs while serving its intended purpose.
Core Tech Stack:
- Architecture: REST, microservices, DDD, event-driven
- Engineering: .net 6, PHP, JS, gRPC, Redis, Kafka, Mongo, MySQL
- DevOps: GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
- Tools: Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Gitlab, JIRA
- Manage evolution and development of Core Platform.
- Provide architecture and engineering leadership, supervision and guidance that will lead to the reusable and well-comprehensible applications and components.
- Facilitate and enable communication and collaboration with neighbouring departments: CTO office, PMO, Infra, Sec, Product, Support.
- Participate in development and Implementation of technology-wide engineering standards and delivery processes.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and processes.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a leader
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong knowledge of scalable, maintainable, and secure system design
- Solid knowledge of REST, WebSocket, and gRPC
- Solid knowledge of modern DevOps, Git and SDLC
- Solid knowledge of server-side languages and key paradigms — OOP, SOLID
- Solid knowledge of relational and non-structured databases, their strengths, and weaknesses
- Experience with Linux, Kubernetes, and Infrastructure as a Code
- Relocation support to Cyprus for you and your family
- Medical insurances for employee and family
- Paid rental car, gym, school, and annual training allowance
- Quarterly team building and yearly events
Join us to lead the development of our Core Platform and shape the future of our innovative FinTech company!