Vacancy: Citrix Engineer
We are not an out staffed company. English. Unbureaucratic, plenty of real coding. Fintech. Interesting. Real salary. Plenty of perks.
We are a small company created by IT engineers.
De facto micro technology development center for a large and successful top 10 US investment manager. As part of our development, we’d like to establish new teams in Poland.
We are seeking a Citrix Engineer with a strong background in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, NetScaler, peripheral technologies, as well as excellent problem-solving, communication, and project management skills. The Citrix Engineer will work closely with other IT professionals to ensure optimal performance, security, and reliability of our End User platform. This position is highly technical and hands-on.
● Design/Build/Manage/Maintain the Citrix platform, including Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, NetScaler, StoreFront and control plane (both on prem and Citrix Cloud)
● Design/Build/Manage/Maintain peripheral technologies and devices utilized by the End User Services team, including Nutanix, LoginVSI, Thin Clients and various endpoints.
● Manage end-user technology projects, such as migrations, deployments and introducing new technology solutions
● Maintain awareness of trends analysis to identify and escalate major incidents and problems and escalate quickly
● Ability to leverage automation and workflows to manage routine tasks.
● Develop, provision, update, and support XenDesktop based Windows 10 VDI’s and underlying images
● Tier 3 internal support for escalations where it relates to the End User Services environment
Qualification — heavily required
● Strong hands-on experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and NetScaler ADC in a global environment
● Experience in designing/deploying/administering multi-site, multi-zone, and cloud-based Citrix environments, supporting active/active topology
● Strong understanding of VDI underlying hardware and hypervisors – Nutanix, VMWare
● Well versed in scripting (PowerShell is a priority)
Qualification — nice to have
● Experience managing system and user configuration across large, distributed environments
● In-depth understanding of Active Directory; including GPO’s and DNS as applied to the Windows client OS
● Strong understanding of networking concepts and protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN
● Understanding of Digital Workspace Tools including Microsoft Office, O365, Box and conferencing software (Zoom, MS Teams)
● Familiarity of deployment and management tools (Intune, SCCM)
● Have a troubleshooting mindset (i. e. parsing event log, utilizing System Internals tools)
● Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What we offer
● A remote working regime.
● A wide and complex role related to the automation of fund portfolio management.
● Close interaction with co-workers in New York / Los Angeles / London.
● An opportunity to contribute to the engineering culture and IT transformation of “one small American company”.
● Minimal bureaucracy, maximum common sense.
● A set of perks is provided.