Vacancy: Trading Analyst
As a Trading Analyst at Deriv, you will design and create new trading products to make Deriv a platform of choice for clients. You will use mathematical and financial methods to develop derivatives pricing and risk management algorithms based on real-time market data, new events, and other parameters impacting the underlying instruments. With your extensive financial knowledge and data analysis skills, you will create models to help us mitigate risk, make sound business decisions, and introduce a new generation of trading products to the fintech world.
- Monitor trading activities and adequate risk exposure by analysing markets while mitigating risk through hedging.
- Review trading conditions regarding our offered symbols and adjust spreads, commissions, swaps, dividends, and
- Ensure that trade execution is in compliance with the company’s execution policy.
- Measure the impact of new trading features by conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Obtain the best pricing and execution for us and our clients by communicating with liquidity providers to resolve
issues related to price slippage, low liquidity, and quote filtering.
- Keep abreast of the latest legislation and best practices regarding risk management, market-making, and trading.
- Implement controls as well as maintain compliance with CFD regulations and other policies that pertain to CFD
- Conduct data-driven analysis and evaluation of current business activities to generate reports for various
- Explore financial markets and propose new attractive assets for trading.
- Assist in the development or acquisition of risk management tools and systems to manage the data required for
efficient day-to-day operations, including policy, claims, program costs, and carrier data.
● University degree in a quantitative field (such as finance, mathematics, statistics, or physics) or equivalent in training and experience
● Programming knowledge (preferably Python, R) and experience with SQL will be considered an asset
● Understanding of financial instruments and markets, including CFDs on FX, commodities, stocks, and stock
● Creative mindset and innovative thinking in response to the challenges presented by a rapidly evolving business
model and regulatory environment
● Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
● Ability to collaborate effectively and present to all levels of management as well as internal and external
● Attitude of a team player and an enthusiastic approach to new challenges
● Keen interest in business news and familiarity with the economic calendar
● Excellent spoken and written English skills
● What’s good to have
● Working experience as a trader, administrator, or risk analyst on a trading platform (e.g. MT5, DXtrade, or cTrader)
● Knowledge of financial derivatives pricing and risk models
● Exposure to the process of identification and implementation of best practices
● Competitive salary based on the market
● Workdays from Monday to Friday
● Annual performance bonus
● Casual dress code
● Access to Deriv’s comprehensive learning courses
● Access to Provident Fund
● Medical reimbursement plans/personal and medical insurance