Vacancy: Software Engineer – Client/Fund Accounting (80% - 100%)
Location: Berlin, Germany
The Client/Fund Accounting team is a dynamic team of business analysts and software developers spread across development centers in Zurich and Berlin. We follow an agile process, working closely within our own team but also with other related teams and clients to develop new product features and maintain existing ones in live use.
The team works with clients and partners to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet market demands and help shape the back-office landscape of tomorrow.
As the owner of the functionality, the team is part of many exciting and challenging projects relating to Client Accounting (for bank clients) and Fund Administration (for custodian banks).
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer who is interested in designing and developing scalable solutions for the financial services industry.
This job represents a unique opportunity to advance your development skills and acquire banking and wealth management domain experience. You will become an expert of Avaloq core banking software and the corresponding business processes in the industry.
- Drive the design of new product features and functionality in collaboration with business analysts, product owners, software architects and fellow developers
- Analyze and implement customer requirements
- Customize our software to fit our clients’ needs
- Extend Avaloq’s standard product configuration
- Provide technical support for customer projects
- Maintain existing functionality
- Work in an Agile environment, helping to constantly improve our processes and introduce new technologies
- Provide support to other development teams
- Work on interdisciplinary innovation projects
- Ensure high quality of our software via code reviews and automated testing
What you need:
- University degree in computer science, business informatics, computer/electronic engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Solid knowledge of software engineering with experience developing complex applications
- Open minded, team oriented and communicative
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
You will get extra points for the following:
- Avaloq Certification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to think abstractly is a strong plus
- German language skills
- Knowhow of the banking industry, products and processes
We realize that managing work life balance is a challenge we all face in our daily lives and in order to support with this we are pleased to offer hybrid and flexible working for most of our Avaloqers to maintain work life balance and still continue our fantastic Avaloq culture in our global offices.
In Avaloq we are proud to embrace diversity and understand the success of our business is built on the power of different opinions, we are whole heartedly committed to fostering an equal opportunity environment and inclusive culture where you can be your true authentic self.
We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other fantastic traits that make us all unique, we have done our best to write this advert in an inclusive and neutral way.
Please be aware that we will not accept speculative CV submissions for any of our roles from recruitment agencies, and any unsolicited candidate submissions will be exempt from any payment expectations.
At Avaloq we work hard to remain an industry leading provider and we love to reward our colleagues with a share of that success with an annual bonus, you will even remain eligible for annual bonus while you do the hardest job of your life – taking care of your children during parental leave.
We understand that fitting your life around your job can be challenging which is why in most roles we offer flexible working to allow you to thrive both in and out of work.
We love to see people thriving in their roles and we have an instant recognition scheme at Avaloq to help managers reward the great work our colleagues deliver with a gift to say thanks.
Access to Udemy for professional and personal learning
We think it is important to learn and grow professionally, but if you are someone who likes to learn outside of work we give you access to online learning for both professional and personal learning, with over 210,000 courses to choose from.